Be it the UNESCO sites, hiking trails, or in your wish-list to eat the best meal ever; Japan has it all. Also, it is no surprise that the country has managed to secure the top spot for female solo travellers. This is a sure thing that you might feel daunted by the language barrier as soon as you step in Japan, but the country’s extensive public transportation system makes it easy to navigate across, and low crime rate leaves you at ease to explore the place as much as you want.
You may also like to read about why 2019 is the best time to visit Japan.
Seven interesting facts about Japan:
- In Japanese, the term Japan means Land of the rising sun
- The third longest life expectancy in the world is in Japan
- Tokyo-Yokohama is the most significant metropolitan region in the world and home to around 33 million people
- Japan has over 3,000 McDonald restaurant’s franchisees
- There are 5.5 million vending machines in Japan with one at every street corner
- Cheery blossoms (Sakura) is the national flower of Japan
- The world’s shortest poetic form, Haiku Poetry, was invented in Japan
Despite its immense beauty and high culture, another sound reason to visit France is its high score for women’s rights. According to Ampersand, the country has closed about 80 per cent of its gender gap and has outlawed street harassment and catcalling. Who hasn’t dreamt of spending a few days in France? Well, the country makes it easy for all, especially female solo travellers to stay, providing a safe and secure environment.
Seven interesting facts about France:
- It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world
- It is the largest country in the European Union
- The national motto of France is, Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity
- You can marry a dead person in France
- The country has produced several world-renowned inventions
- It is the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away unsold food
- The highest mountain of Europe is in the French Alps
Still looking for reasons to visit France? Pack your bags already, girl.
The reason that Spain is rated among the world’s safest countries for female solo travellers stands on ground that Madrid was the first city to ban manspreading on public transport officially. Besides it being safe, the other reasons to visit Spain include excellent infrastructure, endless paella (Valencian rice dish), miles of beautiful Mediterranean coastline, and the entire city of Barcellona.
Seven interesting facts about Spain:
- The kingdom of Spain is the second-largest country in the European Union
- Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world
- The second-highest life expectancy in all OECD countries is in Spain
- 40% of all businesses in Spain is set up by female entrepreneurs
- 47 of the UNESCO world heritage sites are in Spain
- Over half of the world’s olive oil is produced in Spain
- Hundreds of festivals take place in Spain each year, making it the country of fiestas
#4. The United States of America
Be it the thrill of open roads, quiet trails around the rocky mountains, or the buzz of New York City; the U.S. has a lot to offer female solo travellers. It provides a great chance to experience adventurous travel, allowing you to unravel you limits of adventure.
Also, the security in the country is pretty uptight, so you don’t have to worry about your safety. If you are thinking of flying to America you can check out some super cheap prices here: United Airlines booking
Seven interesting facts about the USA:
- The United States has the biggest economy in the world
- About 100 acres of Pizza is served every day in the country
- A high school student designed the flag of the USA
- About 18% of the world’s energy is used by the United States
- There is no official language in the country
- The internet was invented in the United States
- At some point, one out of every 8 Americans work at McDonald’s
No doubt solo travelling is a great way to explore the world, but also to gain an insight into one’s deeper self. Sounds counter-intuitive, but you can also take a solo trip by being a part of a volunteer group.
When it comes to volunteer opportunities, Indonesia offers many. Not only this, but Indonesia is home to some of the most exotic places on the planet such as Bali, making it the perfect destination to add to your bucket list.
Seven interesting facts about Indonesia:
- Indonesia is made up of 18,307 Islands
- It is home to the world’s most giant lizard, The Komodo Dragon
- The Indonesian airlines are expanding at a high pace
- Indonesia has the world’s third most volcanoes, i.e. 139 volcanoes, some of which you can even climb
- There are 8 Indonesian world heritage sites including Komodo National Park, rain-forests of Sumatra, and the temple complex of Borobudur
- It is the world’s shortest country with a very tall mountain and the largest flower
- For animal lovers, Indonesia is a heaven on earth since the country possess a vast number of different species, some of which are not found anywhere else in the world.
Having been provided with the list of top 5 safest countries in the world for female solo travellers, we believe you are now all set to embark on your next journey.
So, book your tickets, pack your bags, and start your adventure!