2020 became the most unexpected year of our lives. We witnessed the world stand still to deal with a minuscule virus that created havoc for humans. The economy bore the brunt and travel – business and leisure ceased all around the world. Now that the world is slowly churning back to its normal grind, people are also looking at options to travel safely and under a strict budget. Among the cities that opened its borders to welcome tourists amid the pandemic, Dubai made an impressive example on how to manage a holiday with safety and precautions amid COVID 19. The emirate has taken the utmost care to make sure tourism can thrive again during these uncertain times. Also, Dubai has planned this thoroughly so that the emirate operates smoothly during its cool, winter months which happen to be the prime tourist season in Dubai. For those itching to get out of their homes after the tough lockdown periods, if your country has opened borders for international flights, then Dubai could be the best destination to travel for a relaxing holiday. However, traveling on a reasonable budget is also what discerning travelers will be looking at presently. So here are some ways you can enjoy a leisure holiday in Dubai for 2020.
- Firstly, estimate the budget you can afford to spend on a Dubai holiday during this uncertain time and tone down your choice of leisure activities. Stick to the basics and look for accommodations and services that are reliable but not sophisticated enough to burn a hole in your pocket. Choose from a range of budget hotels such as Holiday Inn, Ibis, Rose Garden hotel to name a few. Other options are to book Bed and breakfast stays and hostel rooms which are cheaper than boutique hotels. A residency apartment with attached kitchen facilities can also be a good stay option in Dubai on budget. These options will make sure you get a goodnight’s sleep in comfortable settings. .
- Getting around Dubai in a private car can be an expensive affair. However, Dubai has a top-notch metro rail system that connects all prominent places of Dubai city. You wish to see the Burj Khalifa, you can take the Metro Red line straight to Burj Khalifa Station, from there the attraction is just 10 minutes away. The metro runs frequently throughout the day and ticket costs are cheaper than other modes of transport in the city. Also, if you get accommodation near to metro stations, then you will save on hotel to metro station transfer expenses.
- Curb your unnecessary expenses. Prepare a food budget so that you can determine whether or not you can afford dining in a fancy restaurant. Ensure your budget covers more necessities than lavish experiences.
- Keep your travel itinerary simple and short. The budget for your travel also depends on the number of days you are going to spend in Dubai. Book your tours from reputed tour operators and specifically check if they are taking all precautions necessary to keep tourists safe from the pandemic.
- There are numerous places to visit in Dubai that are breath-taking and jaw-dropping to witness. The key to a good budget Dubai holiday is to know where to go and what to see without putting stress on your budget. A simple 3-Day Dubai Budget itinerary can be as follows:
– Day 1: On the day of arrival, take your time and relax in the hotel. Around evening, head to Burj Khalifa and Dubai Fountain to watch a spectacular show of illuminations. If your budget allows, head to the Burj Khalifa observatory deck to enjoy a scintillating view of the Dubai Fountain and the twinkling city below.
– Day 2: You can spend the day city sightseeing on a hop on hop off tour. You can choose from different routes that take you through popular landmarks and attractions of the emirate such as Dubai Mall, Dubai Museum, Dubai Frame, The Palm Dubai, Dubai Marina to name a few. The other option is to take an excursion to the Arabian Desert for an adventurous Dubai Desert Safari. If you are looking for indoor fun and adventure, then head to IMG World of Adventure – the world’s largest indoor theme park which offers a plethora of fun activities, thrilling rides, and recreational shows.
– Day 3: On your last day in Dubai, head to Dubai Miracle Gardens, a sight not to be
missed to experience the old-world charm of Dubai. Wind up your Dubai holiday with a Dhow Cruise dinner on Dubai Creek which will be one of the best cherished moments of your Dubai vacation.
Essential tips for travelers during Covid-19:
- The safety check is the new normal. Embrace it. You will have to go through various protocols and safety checks before and during your departure from your country and after you arrive in Dubai. You will be required to carry a certificate that says you have been tested for Covid-19 and your results are negative to gain entry into Dubai.
- Masks are in fashion and are here to stay for a long time. You will have to wear a mask at all times during your flight and while you are in public spaces. Keep hand sanitizers, although you will find dispensers all over the city’s public places and attractions. Wear gloves if you can and keep disposable anti-bacterial wipes handy.